Unlike the seemingly blinkered view of our most recent State and Federal Government, I believe that creative people and their services and product have so much to offer the economy.
And hopefully a section of the general public do too given recent election outcomes in Queensland.
The recently ousted Newman Government in Queensland axed the following:
- Defunding the Qld Premiers Literary Awards.
- Cut funding for the Fanfare and MOST youth music programs.
- $20 million ripped out of arts grant programs.
- Closing down Creative Industries Skills Council
- Defunding Youth Arts QLD and other youth services that provided assistance to young creatives.
- Removing education officers from arts companies.
Some of these programs and services were reinstated lot funded privately due to the innovation and creativity of passionate people from the arts sector. Which proves my point that creativity and innovation should be harnessed, not made to feel like the poor cousin who is costing the state/country money.
Imagine how powerful we could be if we fostered creativity, innovation and supported creative individuals, businesses and services.
|Professional development sessions for creatives.
Every month throughout 2015 at Redland Performing Arts Centre, Cleveland, QLD
More information at: